sca-cooks Re: sca cooks Creativity

Fri Apr 11 12:06:21 PDT 1997

  Of course.  There are many earlier recipes for pottages, broths, and brewets.
  My point was not that those didn't exist.  Rather, I was making a specific
  claim about how ingredients were combined in things that looked like modern
  stew.  (For that matter, few of the pottages, broths, and brewets combine
  vegetables and meat either.  Those that involve vegetables usually do not
  involve meat other than meat broth or marrow, though I can think offhand of
  one exception, that includes small meat balls.)

And, if we are thinking of the same recipe, they color those meatballs
green.  Honorary vegetables?  (:-)

	Tibor