sca-cooks Farmgirls Version

Aldyth at aol.com Aldyth at aol.com
Fri Apr 11 18:33:30 PDT 1997

In a message dated 97-04-11 18:07:34 EDT, Sabia writes:

<< I have a question concerning the use of wine in cooking.  I am
 allergic to sulfates which are present in 'most' wines, do they cook off
 or would they remain?  I have avoided tasting any dishes that are made
 this way and tend to substitute broth or other liquids, any suggestions?>>

I am also afflicted.  Gallo does not seem to have an effect, nor does Paisano
for american wine.  I usually try to get donated home made wine for feasts.
 Try asking one of your vintners for their "not ready for prime time"
offerings.  Otherwise, you are stuck cooking with European wines.  And the
good ones are usually expensive.

Aldyth Trefaldwyn
Windkeep, Outlands