sca-cooks Re: Spice Use and Food Poisoning, etc.

JTRbear at aol.com JTRbear at aol.com
Fri Apr 11 21:46:45 PDT 1997

<< Some of the things our ancestors did with food, we would not consider.
 But
 eating rotten meat is not one of them.  (Eating live animals, on the other
 hand...)

 	Tibor >>

Actually the Icelandic people used to burry a type of a Greenland shark that
was too toxic to eat fresh and after in had started to rot releasing the
cyanic acid.  They called it Hakarl.

Jean-Philipe Lours                                            Jason
Thiroux-Ragle
Blasted Tree Herald and Novice Autocrat,           Once and future student
Novice Autocrat,                                               onetime
professional cook
Incipient Canton of Wyewood,
Barony of Madrone,
Kingdom of An Tir