SC - Re: Re[2]: sca-cooks Creativity

Dottie Elliott macdj at onr.com
Tue Apr 15 10:40:17 PDT 1997

>I'm sorry to interject but although the feast at Crown was filling and
>pretty
>good, I didn't see anything truly period.  The oatcakes perhaps, but
>nothing else
>was apparently from a period source.  This is exactly the type of
>misconception
>that this list is here to correct.

What oatcakes? I didn't get any oakcakes!   I didn't see any recipes true
for any of the items that were served. However, the venison pie and the
meat stew certainly were closer to period than many events I attend in
Ansteorra. The cherry tart and cucumber salad I don't know. Green beans,
ahh well. Roast beef was mainly eaten by the lower classes in the 15th
century England according to my research. But, look, what I really meant
to say was there was little that was blantantly not period. Too often I
am served barbeque with sauce and corn here. This feast stood out as at
least an attempt at not being blatantly non-period.

Clarissa

Dottie Elliott  512/990-7314   macdj at onr.com   eagle.onr.com/macdj
             Computer Applications & Technical Support
              Macintosh, Windows, & Internet Training
                            Web Page Design
                         Database Programming
              Hardware & Software setup and maintenance

              *Your computer problem resolution source!*