SC - Re: sca-cooks Creativity

Dottie Elliott macdj at onr.com
Tue Apr 15 11:27:54 PDT 1997

>>I would like to pose another question.  I believe that someone mentioned the
>>ability to "taste" a recipe.  I am not a professional cook, but I have a lot
>of
>>experience.  I can read a recipe and have an idea of how it would taste.  I
>can
>>imagine what changes it would make to the taste if I were to change an
>>ingredient or two.  I know that I (personnally) would not like the taste of
>>pepper in my milk, for example.

I have cooked a number of period recipes (ones that others have redacted
and ones I have redacted) that in reading the ingredients didn't sound
like they would taste good and in tasting it as I prepared it didn't
taste very good - until the final 1 or 2 ingredients were added at the
end - then they were wonderful!

Clarissa