SC - Feast Service

Paul Shore shore at dcainc.com
Tue Apr 15 12:50:22 PDT 1997

On 15 Apr 97 at 13:27, Dottie Elliott wrote:

> >On another note about the Crown feast.  My party got to the feast a little
> >late
> >but we happily found space next to some friends and set up.
>
> I agree that the head cook should be providing an enjoyable experience,
> but I don't think you can expect a head cook to troubleshoot serving
> problems. That is the head server's responsibility. The cook should
> concentrate on making sure the food is ready and good and prepared for
> serving.

But the best prepared feast can easily be ruined by bad service.  I have
attended several feasts that have had this problem.

I like to think of feasts as a performance art.  You must have a good script
(menu) to start.  The actors (individual dishes) must each perform their part
well, they must respect each other and provide an ensemble performance.  The
stage must be well managed and the direction must be good, etc... Oh and
practice makes perfect.

HL Aeddan ap Trahaearn           | Email: shore at dcainc.com
Shire of Mooneschadowe
Kingdom of Ansteorra