SC - Re: sca-cooks Rot and Honey

James and/or Nancy Gilly KatieMorag at worldnet.att.net
Tue Apr 15 14:43:28 PDT 1997

At 17:03 14-4-97 +0000, Lod Ras wrote:

><< Beg to differ, Lord Ras, but one anaerobic bacterium can and does survive
>in
> honey... botulism spores.  >>
>
>Thank-you so much for this info. Would heating the honet first kill any
>butulism spores present?
>
>Lord Ras

My lady and I had our first child a year and a half ago, so this was a
matter of great interest to us. 8)  All of the books we read stated that
*uncooked honey* should never be given to an infant.  (The most common
figure, I believe, was a child under 12 months of age.)

Slainte -

Alasdair mac Iain

James and/or Nancy Gilly
katiemorag at worldnet.att.net