SC - Feast themes

The Cheshire Cat mfdenton at postoffice.utas.edu.au
Tue Apr 15 17:26:30 PDT 1997

Cossette wrote:
>> Greetings, Mil Lord's and Mil Ladies,
>>       I am Cossette the Nice, I'm from a silly little barony in the
>>midwestern
>>portion of  An Tir.  I have been on your list for less than a week and
>>I am
>>finding it very informative.
>>       I would like to request  a topic of discussion.  I would like
>>to know
>>what kind of "Theme feast" you good folks on the list have always
>>wanted to do.

   Hmmm interesting ideas.  Every year, the Barony of Ynys Fawr hosts what
we call the Camel Feast which is Middle Eastern in style and flavour, right
down to dressing the part and sitting on the floor with rugs.  Belly
dancers and other interesting things.
   After having a Japanese persona for quite a while, before she was
tragically lost at sea, I wanted to do a Japanese feast.  Cushions on the
floor, all the Japanese cuisine etc, even to Japanese entertainment.
However after some furious researching, I found not nearly enough period
dishes that I could do.  Friends told me that I could do some fairly
modern, yet medieval looking dishes and noone would know the difference,
but that's cheating in a way. The idea's merely on hold for the duration.

Would anyone know of any nice period dishes, and some not so nice ones for
contrast =>

- -Sianan