SC - sc - food gifts- please share

Ray Caughlin rayc at totcon.com
Fri Apr 18 22:10:42 PDT 1997

Would you concider sharing your candied lemon peel with me also. There are
other recipes that call for candied lemon peel.
We used to candy strawberries, by bringing a sugar water mixture to the
hard crack stage. By washing the strawberries in a disinfectant (we used
bleach and water) you can get them to last two weeks. We would push a
skewer down the center, submerse the berry and then pull it out to cool.
After they cool, drizzle more candy glaze in the hole left by the skewer.
The strawberry is sealed in confection and has a wonderful crunch/squish
texture. After two weeks they need to be nibbled to see if they are
begining to ferment. (Moist climates are lousy for this recipe!)
Lord Mandrigal of Mu