Re(2): SC - leftovers

Sue Wensel swensel at brandegee.lm.com
Tue Apr 22 11:12:37 PDT 1997

> On Mon, 21 Apr 1997 Uduido at aol.com wrote:
>
> > In a message dated 97-04-21 13:51:57 EDT, you write:
> >
> > << only the correct amount is purchased for each dish. >>
> >
> > This is of course the ideal. But since the population of the SCA seems to
be
> > more allergic and have more vegetarians than the general population
leftovers
> > are inefitable. Especially  things like broths and soups. So purchacing
the
> > correct amounts doesn't always translate into "no leftovers".  Also, our
> > feasts tend to be rather expansive (3 removes of several dishes in each
> > remove). Many times we cart the leavings to post revel also. As far as
> > staples (sugar, spices, etc.) these are stored iin the appropriate manner
and
> > re-used since our functions are not generally that far apart. Your
> > distribution of leftovers is a great idea! I'm going to suggest a change
in
> > policy and method to the Guilde next meeting. Thanks.
> >
> > Lord Ras
>
> Another thing to consider for the leftovers is a soup kitchen, or
> similar outfit, if your area has one.
>
> Alys

Provided your kitchen will accept opened or cooked food.  Most of the ones
around here, Pittsburgh, won't accept a package of food that has been opened
(against some health code or other).

Derdriu

- ----
This message was sent using a demo version of BBEdit, a product of Bare Bones
Software, Inc.
http://www.tiac.net/biz/bbsw/

- --
swensel at brandegee.lm.com