SC - Recipes wanted, with or without redactions!

Alys of Foxdale foxdale at wolfstar.com
Tue Apr 22 10:29:00 PDT 1997

Lord Ras said:

> OK, you all win! I will not be posting further recipes to the list until I
> can spend a week on each one gathering the info you desire.

Goodness, I didn't mean to imply that I only wanted recipes with lots
of research behind them!

I just meant that, because I'm still just learning about medieval
cooking, I find it very helpful to see both the original and an
interpretation and commentary.  And I have noted already that many
redactions, for whatever reason,  will specify this, that, and the
other ingredient, when the original lists a whole host of ingredients
to choose from.

If all you have is a redaction, then I am still interested in seeing
it.  I just won't learn as much from it if I don't see the choices you
made when translating from the original.

   Alys of Foxdale          Shire of Stierbach, Kingdom of Atlantia
 mka Sallie Montuori               Chantilly, Virginia, USA
foxdale at wolfstar.com