Re(2): SC - leftovers

Uduido at aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Wed Apr 23 16:04:36 PDT 1997

<< However, every kitchen/pantry I've dealt with won't accept food unless it
is
 in its original packaging - not even home canned. >>

What a tragedy! As past Director of Mission Harvest at St. Anthony's Center
(5 yrs.), I can assure you that the SCC do not look a gift horse in the mouth
and there was many a time when I carried buckets, kettles and jars of stuff
in the back door. It is truly a sad state of affairs when the government
forbids the poor access to nutritious food of any sort. During the Middle
Ages it was common practice to gather up the trenchers and leftovers and
distribute them to the poor. Alas, the modern world has lost yet another
wonderful custom to the monster of "progressive thinking". <sigh>

Lord Ras