Re(2): SC - cheese goo

Sue Wensel swensel at brandegee.lm.com
Thu Apr 24 08:40:33 PDT 1997

> Sue Wensel wrote:

> > > Stefan li Rous
> > >
> > > (Cheese goo is the local name for Savory Toasted Cheese. I could
> > > post the recipe or give Clarissa the honor since it is her recipe)
> > >

> > Do you use brie or farmer's cheese?  We have people around here that make
both
> > -- I think the farmer's cheese version is far superior!
> >
> > Derdriu
>
> Digby (the source most people use when redacting this recipe, though he
> certainly didn't invent toasted cheese) probably intended a young brie
> or a firm cream cheese like York or slipcoat. I've gotten good results
> with a mixture of cream cheese and mild white cheddar.
>
> Adamantius

Do we know when brie was developed?  I know cheddaring is only about 200 years
old; I still use it because people like it.

I just wanted to know if anyone else came across the farmer's cheese
redaction.  The rationale of the cook went like this:  the process is simple,
what it is like now is very like what they described then, it is *probably* a
pretty good substitute.

Derdriu

- ----
This message was sent using a demo version of BBEdit, a product of Bare Bones
Software, Inc.
http://www.tiac.net/biz/bbsw/

- --
swensel at brandegee.lm.com