SC - Various

Terry Nutter gfrose at cotton.vislab.olemiss.edu
Sat Apr 26 10:30:17 PDT 1997

Hi, Katerine here.  Cariadoc writes:

>>PS: Someone mentioned a period crawfish recipe. That might be interesting,
>>too.  I saw a bag of frozen crawfish tails in the grocery the other day.
>
>Elizabeth points out that there is a crayfish recipe in _Le Menagier de Paris_.

They're also mentioned in Arundel 334.  But they are almost certainly
saltwater crawfish, as someone else pointed out.  I'm not positive, but
my impression is that they're totally different crustacions.

>>And there is no lack of people
>>around here who need someone to get those "damn" pidgeons out of the attic.
>
>Elizabeth likes to say that you can tell that not many poor people in
>American are literally starving by how tame the pigeons are.

Hmmmm... is that why I haven't seen a pigeon since we moved to Mississippi?

Cheers,

- -- Katerine/Terry