SC - Re: Pampered Chef

SUZANNE_POWELL SUZANNE_POWELL at aspentec.com
Sun Aug 3 17:10:13 PDT 1997

Hi, Katerine here.

Someone whose account identifies him/her as Michael Macchione asks:

>Note:  Is brown sugar period???  If so, then I think it would be more
>appropriate than white sugar.

Some sugars called brown are period, although I don't know how closely
they resemble modern ones.  However, period recipes almost never call
for them; another example, I suspect, of preference for more over less
processed goods as more suited to refined persons.

So I tend, unless the recipe specifies otherwise, to use white.

Cheers,

- -- Katerine/Terry