SC - vegetarians

Stephen Bloch sbloch at adl15.adelphi.edu
Mon Aug 4 10:30:25 PDT 1997

                      RE>SC - Another Novice Recipe Challenge      8/4/97

"Benes yfryed. Take benes and see6 hem almost til 6ey bersten. Take and wryng
out 6e water clene. Do 6erto oynouns ysode and ymynced, and garlec 6erwith;
frye hem in oile o6er in grece, & do 6erto powder douce, & serue it forth."

Period chili?! or refried beans

beans fried.  take beans and boil them until they almost burst.  take and
wring our the water clean. do thereto onions cooked and minced and garlic
therewith; fry 'em in oil or other grease and do there to powder douce, &
serve it forth.

take beans (a nice mix of maybe lentils and broad beans or something for more
than one shape- due to the following they are probably dried but maybe not)
and boil them until they are well re-hydrated.  Drain them.  add sauted and
chopped onions and garlic, add some olive oil and fry them up with pouder
douce (cinamon, cloves, maybe some cardamon or something else depending on
what is in the spice cupboard, and a bit of sugar).
sounds like it would probably be darned tastey- somewhere between chili and
curry.  I would probably add a bit of salt too, just to bablance the sweet.
- -brid