SC - Redaction Philosophy: You Asked For It! (long

Kimib2@aol.com Kimib2 at aol.com
Mon Aug 4 21:37:36 PDT 1997

Hi, Katerine here.  Juana Teresa asks:

>Please forgive one last small minor question re: the siege-cook challenge:
>
>	The original challenge stated that it is July.  One of the
>	amazing respondees (you were ALL amazing) sent a child out to
>	the garden to look for violets to garnish something-or-other.
>	Were the violets of medieval/Renaissance Europe very different
>	from the violets that I know here in the San Francisco area?
>	Here they tend to bloom in February.

To be honest, I'm not sure, but I was judging from the dishes in which they
appear as garnishes.  My impression is that several called for summer fruits.
Could be a difference in the climate, or in the violets -- or I could just
be wrong.  (It *has* happened.  More than once, even! ;^)

Cheers,

- -- Katerine/Terry