SC - saffron substitute was-Adv

Sue Wensel swensel at brandegee.lm.com
Tue Aug 5 07:55:24 PDT 1997

  Saute briefly, turning from time to time.

Katerine, you and I went for "saute".  Why didn't we go for frying?  We know
that some recipes from that corpus (like fritours) were fried.  Why not
here?

I know that my inclination is to believe that you fry largish chunks of
stuff, and not tiny minced things.....

But now I am starting to wonder... what if we dried and mashed the boiled
beans, mixed with boiled garlic and onions that are minced, and fried them
as balls or fritters?

	Tibor