SC - The siege cook challenge

Michael Macchione ghesmiz at UDel.Edu
Tue Aug 5 13:47:14 PDT 1997

>                       RE>>SC - vegetarians                         8/4/97
>
> >>Do a lot of people in the SCA travel great distances to attend events in
> other states?
>
> >>Carla

Well, from where I'm from we all travel to other states to attend
events...  If we didn't we'd only ever be attending events in our own
shire :)  I'm from the shire of Caer Adamant which is mundanely the entire
state of Delaware  (which we believe is the only entire state that is a
shire-- Rhode Island is a Barony).  Now as to traveling great distances,
that depends upon your definition of great distances.  I don't flinch at
having to drive 4 hours to get to a weekend event and Pennsic is a 6 hour
drive. Now by East coast standards those are long drives.  From what I
hear out west, you might need to drive that far to reach the next group.
It all depends on where you live.  That 4 hour limit allowed me to attend
about 15 events in about 10 different groups and thats excluding Pennsic.

Kael