SC - Coldness

Cynthia Cooper C.Cooper at massey.ac.nz
Thu Aug 7 02:13:13 PDT 1997

  Are you cooking them completely before you put them under the chicken?
  Why? Are you wanting to precook them because they take longer to cook
  than the chicken?

OK.  Donna/Rosalinde was going to roast the veggies: but since this can take
a long time (and some veggies roast more slowly than others) she par-boiled
(read pre-cooked) some of them first.  Then, she placed the veggies in a
pot, and placed that pot under the chicken.  The veggies would roast, and
the juicey drippings would drip onto the veggies as the chicken cooked.

If done well, everything is ready at once.

I guess, based upon what she said, that I was mistaken.  I'd end up doing
just what she did.

	Tibor