SC - Plums period?

Terry Nutter gfrose at cotton.vislab.olemiss.edu
Wed Aug 6 15:57:23 PDT 1997

                      RE>SC - Anise question                       8/6/97

>>While looking for herbs for my garden, I was told that anise only grows in
tropical climes, and was given a plant called (i think) Hyssop anise as
a<snip>

There is an anise which is related to fennel- which I think grows wild all
over California, if I remember correctly.  And there is Star Anise, which is
used in asian cooking and I have only ever seen it's seed pods in the herb
store I go to.  They are both kinda sweet smelling and licorice-ie like
fennel, so there are probably a variety of things that would taste and smell
similar.
(not a lot of help I know)
- -brid