SC - Ren. Italian Sources

Lenny Zimmermann zarlor at acm.org
Thu Aug 7 10:43:47 PDT 1997

Katerine wrote:
  I have a couple of booklets that can be ordered by mail.  They were designed
  for beginners in the SCA (i.e. there's probably nothing here that an
  experienced cook would find particularly enlightening, but people with less
  experience may be interested in either or both).

Unsolicited commentary (Disclosure: Katerine and I are friends.  But we are
the sort of friends that if I thought her books were crap, I'd say so).

I definately recommend her book on production cookery.  Every feast cook
needs to know what she wrote (and most experienced cooks learned it already,
the hard way).  If I recall, I don't think I'd use her staff management
organization, but you don't have to.  So long as you think about the topic a
little first: and her book is good for that.

Her recipe book is also excellent, although it appears we are cooks of a
very different style. I might (in fact, would) change her proportions a lot.
But so would every cook, probably, we all have our own tastes to please.
But it would be fiddling around the edges of a very useful tome.

I recommend both, I have both, and I use both.  Along with the minor
pamphlet her talented husband wrote on medieval saints days.... (as long as
we are permitting gratuitous plugs :-).

	Tibor