SC - Plums period?

Cindy Renfrow renfrow at skylands.net
Fri Aug 8 10:12:47 PDT 1997

                      RE>>SC - Parsley                             8/8/97

<snip>Of course, I suspect you'd have to eat pounds and pounds of parsley to
O.D. on iron.

That too is true.  The amount in natural foods is tiny compared to the
unnatural amounts that appear in vitamin pills.
<snip>

off topic trivia (forgive me it is friday)
one of the reasons everyone says eat your spinach and Popeye is always
chugging cans of it, is due to a miss-print of an old FDA standards brochure
which added a zero or two to the amount of iron contained there-in.
also- since humans weren't really built to process plants as a nutrient very
efficiently, what *is* in them doesn't necessarily get into us.
(okay, me shud up now-  ooh look they brought me a lovely white jacket with
extra long sleeves)
- -brid