SC - How to subscribe to digest?

Carla S. Tucker tuckers323 at juno.com
Sun Aug 10 15:57:40 PDT 1997

Hi Anne-Marie,
Good ideas. I am planning a cookbook of my own, and your questions prompted
me to realize that I too need this type of info.

On Sat, 9 Aug 1997, Anne-Marie Rousseau wrote:

> How do you like to see a reecipe formated? Me, I like the original text,
> and lots of specific citations and footnotes to bakc up any claims made
> by the author. Then would come the modern recipe, with explainations for
> any deviance from the original (ie we couldn't find isinglass, so we used
> gelatin).

	Yep , that sounds right to me. That includes all the info I so often
can't find in other books. Like "where did the author get THAT idea", or
"Why on earth...?"

> Any other ideas out there? Do you liek to see the original first and then
> the modern vesion? Or the other way around? How important is a glossery
> and/or source list? Do you like the reference citatoins in the text, or
> as footnotes?

	Original first, then modern, footnoted, with glossary and
bibliography. The more annotated and informative any article is.., the more
easily it can be understood that the author is *not* asking the reader to
"believe it because I wrote it", but encouraging the reader to accept the
writing as having a basis in historical literature, and also giving the
reader the option to look it up and check it out themself if they feel the
need.

	Ceridwen