SC - Smoking Questions

Peters, Rise J. PETERSR at spiegel.becltd.com
Mon Aug 18 14:29:23 PDT 1997

Hello all,

I am a blacksmith and technology researcher whose preferred medium is
fire(surprise) and am the perpetrator of the ongoing Iron furnace research
at Pennsic.  Recently, I have become very interested in how cooking related
fire works.  In the last 3 years, I have built two beehive style ovens at
the Pennsic War and have also undertaken building one in the back yard, as
a means to study both their use and maintenance.

Anyone who could send/direct me to good resources for recipes and related
information(in modern english, please) would be very appreciated.

In addition, I have plans to built and make an attempt to run some kind of
small smoke house.  I would love information on what we actually know about
period methods and structures so that i may build something and play with
the fire :) :) :)

Thanks all,
Fursa Hand-Seinn, A firebug of growing repute