SC - cream/herbs/custard

Ian van Tets IVANTETS at botzoo.uct.ac.za
Fri Aug 22 09:06:02 PDT 1997

Hi, Cairistiona again.

Thanks all you people who now start discussing the curdling
properties of herbs.  Why didn't you bring this up when I asked about
nettles earlier?  It would have saved some effort with the dried
ones.

By the way, would the technique for Coeur a la Creme be appropriate
to try for your custard?  I've left all my recipe books in storage,
so can't give you any details, but think it is a soft, sweet cheese
made from cream and just allowed to sit until it self-curdles.
Perhaps someone might have a French book or two and be able to check?

Cairistiona (from Adamastor)

Dr. Ian van Tets
Dept. of Zoology
University of Cape Town
Rondebosch 7701 RSA

ph: +27 +21 650 3641 (w), 650 3301 (fax), 47 5324 (H)