SC - spice guy

ND Wederstrandt nweders at mail.utexas.edu
Fri Aug 22 08:55:58 PDT 1997

                      RE>>SC - When life gives you lemons, then    8/22/97

One of the best oven roasted chickens I have ever had, a friend of a friend
made by stuffing orange slices under the skin before putting it in the oven.
I bet it would be just as good if you used lemons.  *The best* chicken is from
the local Greek restaurant, where they roast the chickie with garlic, *a lot*
of lemon, and butter until it becomes a food miracle.
Another lemon thing (period), would be the lemon syrup (middle eastern) that
you add to hot or cold water as a drinkable.  There is a very similar recipe
in "Joy of Cooking", add to seltzer or mineral water and it is heaven in the
summer.
- -brid