SC - cheesecake

Mark Harris mark_harris at risc.sps.mot.com
Sun Aug 24 17:12:49 PDT 1997

mar-Joshua ibn-Eleazar ha-Shalib said:

*I've seen a number of medieval recipes that more or less resemble
*cheesecake.  There's one from the Anglo-Norman cookbook that my wife
*redacted as a delicious fruit-filled cheesecake (and now I can't find
*the recipe, or even its name, on this computer!)

An Anglo-Norman cookbook with redactions! More details, please! Is it
available on paper or electronically?

Those interested in medieval cheesecake recipes might want to look at
some of those in this file in the FOOD section of Stefan's Florilegium:

cheesecake-msg    (14K) 11/ 7/96    Medieval cheesecake. Recipes.

There was also an article in TI six years ago. I think the issue was
#97 or so.

Stefan li Rous
markh at risc.sps.mot.com