SC - Siege Cooking compe

Marisa Herzog marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu
Wed Aug 27 13:11:30 PDT 1997

                      RE>SC - Seasonal Foods                       8/27/97

<snip>
I would like to plan a feast that probably won't be for more then
30 people that 1) can cook in under 2 hours and 2) reflects what
we would have seen on the table at that time of year.
<snip>

ooh! ooh!  Somewhere in the SCA related web pages there was a page on a "Rob
Peter to Pay Paul" feast, that had really nice lists of seasonal foods.
...not that I can remember where I saw it now...  Also, if you can determine
between what is period and not, just in general, then find out if there is a
farmers market near you.  You can go and see what is actually freshly
available, and what is appropriate for medieval cooking- though you may not be
able to buy from there in your alloted time unless you can predict somehow how
many people you think you will be feeding.