SC - cream

Marisa Herzog marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu
Wed Aug 20 08:56:44 PDT 1997

                      RE>>SC - cream                               8/20/97

<snip>
In hopes of enlightenment, I went through "Pleyn Delite" again, looking for
the reference. I couldn't find any. Perhaps someone could point me in the
right direction? A hint? Pretty please? This is one of those things I lose
sleep over.
Adamantius
<snip>

sorry m'lord!  I should have copied down the page number... I do remember it
was in the back, in the "dessert" section, um, possibly in one of the first
paragraphs there.  The note was to paraphrase from memory {this custard recipe
makes a good sauce for things like fruit or other foods, where a modern cook
would use whipped cream, as medieval cooks could not whip cream}.  *This is
not verbatim- just from memory!*  Having been losing sleep over a variety of
things lately I certainly would not wish it on anybody else- especially over
my silly question!
;)
- -brid