SC - Chutney

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Mon Aug 25 09:19:22 PDT 1997

> << Take a number of fruits or herbs and chop fine. Place them and some cider
> vinegar
>  into a saucepan and simmer until the volume is reduced and the mass
> collapses.  You
>  can make the chutney as smooth or chunky as you wish.  Taste every once in a
> while
>  and add sugar, vinegar, spices or whatever to suit your taste. >>
>
> Period source and recipe, please. Thanks.
>
> Lord Ras

Sorry Ras,

This is not any recipe that I know of other than my demented little mind. I would
love for someone to print a proper recipe and to note whether or not the basic
chutney is period.  I'm rather sure it should be but I guess we need somebody to
find and translate a period source of Indian food.

Yers,

Gunthar