SC - Crustade Lombard - a redaction

Mary Hysong ladymari at GILA.NET
Fri Aug 29 23:52:58 PDT 1997

Cindy Renfrow wrote:
snipped]
In my original attempt to redact this recipe I beat together the cream,

> eggs & parsley.  It did not get "so styf [th]at it wol bere hym-self" and
> the custard was truly awful!

lots more snipped

&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
[Sorry totake so long to reply to this thread, but it has been very interesting
reading....]

I will comment that 1) free run chickens eggs do differ from modern factory type
eggs, 2) fresh raw cream would be a VERY different creature from that stuff
labeled cream in the store & 3) just because we play at re creating the Middle
ages & ect., who says we will all like everything they did in period?! Your first
try may have beene xactly what was meant, just because you didn't like it doesn't
mean its wrong!

Food for thought......
Mairi