SC - Green Beans

Uduido at aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Fri Aug 1 06:19:48 PDT 1997

<< Oh, and I *think* green beans are period.

 	Tibor >>

Nope. American introduction. Period beans  are garnazos, lentils, fava (which
can be picked really young and served in the pod). And, interestingly enough,
those curious beans called "yard-long" beans. Apparently they are an Oriental
native and just might be able to squeak by. I cannot find any period sources
(read>European, Middle Eastern) that mention them tho'.

Lord Ras