SC - The siege cook challenge.

Michael Macchione ghesmiz at UDel.Edu
Sat Aug 2 07:44:55 PDT 1997

On Fri, 1 Aug 1997, Terry Nutter wrote:

> So far as I know, it's as easy to make the noodles by hand, and easier
> to make the ravieles that way, but you don't really have to tell her.
> I'm not familiar with extruded pasta in period, though it would be a
> way to fake the hollow noodles in Platina that are actually rolled solid
> and then hollowed out by hand.

Uhm,  I think I should describe the pasta maker.  It doesn't really
extrude the pasta like a meat grinder extrudes ground beef.  It cannot be
used to make macaroni, or any other hollow pasta.  It can be used to
"roll" the pasta dough to the desired thickness, and can then be fed
through some "cutters" to slice the pasta to the desired width (either
fettucine or spaghetti widths).  It doesn't appear that hard to use.  It
definitely could be used to make the pasta for ravioli which you could
then fill and fold by hand.

Kael