SC - Saffron links, a plethora

Nick Sasso (fra niccolo) grizly at mindspring.com
Tue Aug 5 15:50:16 PDT 1997

I promise, this is the last of the links I'm sending.  I got excited
about finding out about this subject.  I think I'm off to the University
library for some hard copy references to do my own work.

http://www.frontierherb.com/spices/notes/spices.notes.no6.html

http://www.veg.org/veg/Orgs/VegSocUK/Recipes/saffron.html

http://www-bus.tp.ac.sg/salien.htm

http://www.reidgroup.com/~dmg/faqs/spices/node50.html  (check out what
Mexican saffron is!!!  "...the flower of Carthamus tinctorius L. which
is an annual herb grown in the temperate regions of Central México. Its
quality is quite inferior to real saffron but it has similar coloring
properties. It is far cheaper. )

http://www.cuisinenet.com/glossary/saffron1.html

niccolo