SC - vegetarians

Fri Aug 8 11:33:30 PDT 1997

  Ok, please pardon both my ignorance and off-topicness, but Estrella War
  is in Arizona, right?

Yes, each President's day weekend.

  Do a lot of people in the SCA travel great distances to attend events in
  other states?

Indeed they do.  Well, great distance is a relative term.  Distances that
were nothing to me before are too far with a four month old.  (:-)  I have,
in the past, travelled from Boston to Pittsburgh for a weekend event.  (A
feat never to be repeated).  I know of one fellow that went from Boston to
Florida over a 5 day period on a dare....  he and his fellow drivers drove
in shifts, all night starting Thursday AM to arrive Friday PM, and returned
from Monday PM to Tuesday PM.

Those last two trips are, by any reasonable standard, insane.

	Tibor