SC - Subtlety Photo Request

KandL Johnston woodrose at malvern.starway.net.au
Sun Aug 3 21:34:57 PDT 1997

Elise Fleming wrote:

> Greetings, all.  As the former "head" of the Interkingdom Guild of
> Confectioners (now dormant/defunct), I still keep a photo album of
> subtleties and fancily-garnished dishes.  These become part of the
> "show and tell" at classes where we discuss SCA subtleties and
> period-type subtleties.  They are meant to inspire people that they,
> too, can begin to do something fancy for a feast.
>
> If you have any photos you would like to share of your work or of
> others I would love to have them.  I have found that, generally, 3
> photos can fit on a regular sheet of paper and that a color photocopy
> is just as good, or better, than the actual photo.  I'll be showing off
> the collection at the A&S Chats on Friday, Aug *8* or any other time
> someone corrals me at Pennsic.  If you've got any to share I am:

While I can not get a picture to you by Friday a great idea my then 4
and 9 year old came up with for 12th Night, A Gingerbread Castle. Using
the same recipe as for Ginger bread house, you know the ones done at
christmas time, my 9 year old designed the walls complete with turrets
and critalins, draw bridge done with string and toothpicks and Many Many
Knights and Ladies (very tiny teddy bears in Gingerbread, the 1.5"
cookie cutter ones) in a formation on either side of the gate, with the
Prince and Princess (bears dressed in icing) processing do greet them
all. Went over very well and the kids had a ball building it.

(ISP will not send pictures or I would send you the scanned copy of it,
sorry)
- --Nicolette--

- --
Rudolf von der Drau and Nicolette Dufay