SC - cream/herbs/custard

DUNHAM Patricia R Patricia.R.DUNHAM at ci.eugene.or.us
Thu Aug 28 09:03:00 PDT 1997

And just last night I collected a recipe for yoghurt-cheese Coeur from a
spring Williams-Sonoma catalog...  fill the mold and let drain, 24
hrs...  I think most of the commercial ones I tasted years ago seem a
little sweeter than that would be, but then we have Nancy's honey
yoghurt here in Eugene, maybe down to San Fran too?  No, I have it with
me... recipe says "Natural plain"; and ends with "sprinkle with sugar if
desired".

Patricia R. Dunham - Eugene Public - 100 W 13th Ave - 97401
patricia.r.dunham at ci.eugene.or.us - 541-984-8321
http://204.203.17.34/library (EPL)     <<<>>>
http://members.aol.com/gerekr/medieval.html (home)

 ----------
| From: Griff41520 at aol.com
| To: sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG
| Subject: Re: SC - cream/herbs/custard
| Date: Thursday, August 28, 1997 5:38AM
|
| In a message dated 97-08-22 13:16:45 EDT, you write:
|
| <<
|  By the way, would the technique for Coeur a la Creme be appropriate
|  to try for your custard?  I've left all my recipe books in storage,
|  so can't give you any details, but think it is a soft, sweet cheese
|  made from cream and just allowed to sit until it self-curdles.
|  Perhaps someone might have a French book or two and be able to check?
>>

| The Coeur ala Creme that i have tried involved sweetened cream cheese,
| cheesecloth and a mold.  the bottom of the mold was perferated and you
set it
| over a bowl to drain overnight.  I have no idea how period it is
though.

| Ivy~
| of Tri Os
| in Trimaris