SC - Salt and Foam

Elise Fleming alysk at ix.netcom.com
Fri Aug 1 04:05:27 PDT 1997

Stefan, I believe, commented about cooking the fish that salt and water
(being boiled together) don't cause foam.  Actually, in period they
probably did.  The salt had a number of impurities in it and would need
to be skimmed off.  Ditto for sugar!  That still wouldn't negate how he
decided to cook the fish but I thought I'd toss in my two cents before
I go spend them at Pennsic tomorrow morning.

Alys Katharine