SC - Hungry Fighters

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Fri Aug 1 06:54:45 PDT 1997

> From liontamr at ptd.net Fri Aug  1 07:08:11 1997
> Date: Fri, 1 Aug 1997 07:08:15 -0500
> To: sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG
> From: L Herr-Gelatt and J R Gelatt <liontamr at ptd.net>
> Subject: SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #224
> Sender: owner-sca-cooks at Ansteorra.ORG
>

> >Date: 31 Jul 97 13:37:10 -0400
> >From: "SUZANNE_POWELL" <SUZANNE_POWELL at aspentec.com>
> >Subject: SC - Stargate-Area Cooks
> >
> >Greetings to the August Members of this Esteemed List!
> >
> >I have enjoyed learning about medieval cooking from this list so much that, as
> >the new A&S minister of the Canton of Dun Brudhail (soon to be the Canton of
> >Westgate), I would like to start up a Cooks' Guild. Stargate doesn't have one
> >and I would dearly like to have some hands-on practice.
> >
> >While I feel I am minimally qualified to run the Scribes' Guild (which I am
> >also starting up), running a Cooks' Guild is totally out of my league.
> >
> >Per chance one of you good gentles could direct me to someone (or more than
> >one person) who might be interested in running a Cooks' Guild in the West
> >Stargate (Houston) area?
> >
> >I would be most grateful for any help you could give me.
> >
> >- -- Suzanne
Hi all,

> 10-12 Fighters playing outside who don't mind eating mistakes

This made me laugh. I would go over to my squire's house for fighter practice
and dinner. Unfortunately, I was also usually the cook so I'd whack the fighters
for a while and then run into the kitchen in full armor to stir the stew.

After beating my squires black and blue they never complained about the quality
of the dinner...

> Surprise: It's a Food party. Our group has folks who ONLY show up to eat.
> They will happily pay $5.00 to help defray the groceries, and then they
> comment on the dishes for us (I liked the lemon-pepper pie better, and the
> sauce needs more salt......).

Sounds like a neat idea, Aoife.  I'll have to try it sometime.

> Aoife--No way I'm leaving for Pennsic on time now.

Yers,

Gunthar