SC - chicken on string

Lisa Sawyer ysabeau at mail.interquest.de
Mon Aug 4 02:49:24 PDT 1997

Mark Schuldenfrei wrote:

> I know there is a french thingumbobby, that I cannot spell
(Cremellieare?) that is used to adjust heights of pots over flames.  I
guess you could use one of those for this trick.

I just saw a modern version of period-style grill set-up for
Spiesbraten (regional specialty one restaurant claims to have been
serving since 1420. From the looks of the building, I believe it!). They used a
small thing that looked like a sideways pulley to keep the grill
spinning over the coals. I can't remember the exact name (20 letters
or so) of the device but I have the telephone number if anyone is
interested. They have a complete stainless steel tripod set up with
a double layer grill with a crank for raising and lowering that folds
up for around $250 (lower if the mark rate keeps going our way!).
They are used at ren-fairs and other fests over here professionally.

Ysabeau of Prague
Lisa Sawyer
Ysabeau at interquest.de
Baumholder,Germany

Everything has been thought of before,
 but the problem is to think of it again.
                    Goethe