SC - it's too quiet!

Marisa Herzog marisa_herzog at macmail.ucsc.edu
Mon Aug 11 14:50:21 PDT 1997

                      RE>>SC - it's too quiet!                     8/11/97

>For instance "Pleyn Delit" is organized fairly well, but everyonce in awhile
>comment is made that just isn't backed up- right now I am wondering about
<snip>
possible.  But it's also sensible, sometimes, to realize that some pointstake
an article to establish, not a sentence.  Recipe collections aren't the best
venue for scholarly dissertations on cooking techniques.<snip>  My inclination
would be to put in a footnote that says something like "There is no simple
reference on this point; it's a complicated issue.  For more
information,contact xxxxx at yyyyy."<snip>

Yes!  I should have elaborated in that direction.  Dissertations are not
necessary, just a word or two to show that there was some thought, or to point
someone who would like more information in the right direction.
- -brid