SC - lombardy custard

Anne-Marie Rousseau rousseau at scn.org
Tue Aug 12 23:38:16 PDT 1997

Hi all from Anne-Marie:
we are asked:

>Does anyone have any insight into these instructions to "streyne hem all
>[th]orgh a straynour till hit be so thik that it woll bere him self" ?  I
>tried beating all together, but it never got as thick as described.  Could

It is possible to use a fine mesh strainer to incorporate enough air into
eggs to make them whip up? I know I can make great bubbles in my sink
using my sieve (who me? Play when I'm doing dishes? Naaaaaaah....)

Also, if its a dairy product being strayned, perhaps it's like making
yogert cheese, which if you strain it for along time, will get very
stiff. (sorry, I deleted most of the message).

Just some ideas,
- --AM

- --
Anne-Marie Rousseau