SC - Cuts of Meat

Lisa Sawyer ysabeau at mail.interquest.de
Fri Aug 22 05:17:07 PDT 1997

> I guess that brings up my question - in period did they "grill" meat?
> I know they roasted it (usually on a spit), baked it, fried it, stewed
> it and poached it, but i don't recall off hand seeing grilling.

Spiessbraten (spiced grilled pork steaks) is a regional specialty
here. One restaurant claims to have been serving it since 1420.  The
building is at least that old, possibly older. Each
restaurant has it's own secret recipe but they are all grilled over
an open fire. Pork is the traditional meat but beef is also offered in
most places. The rule of thumb around here is that if it doesn't
 specifically say beef or chicken, it is pork.

Ysabeau of Prague
Lisa Sawyer
Ysabeau at interquest.de
Baumholder,Germany

Everything has been thought of before,
 but the problem is to think of it again.
                    Goethe