SC - Re: sca-cooks V1 #247

L Herr-Gelatt and J R Gelatt liontamr at ptd.net
Fri Aug 22 19:37:44 PDT 1997

 From  Cairistiona  we learned:

>Thanks all you people who now start discussing the curdling
>properties of herbs.  Why didn't you bring this up when I asked about
>nettles earlier?  It would have saved some effort with the dried
>ones.
>
>By the way, would the technique for Coeur a la Creme be appropriate
>to try for your custard?  I've left all my recipe books in storage,
>so can't give you any details, but think it is a soft, sweet cheese
>made from cream and just allowed to sit until it self-curdles.
>Perhaps someone might have a French book or two and be able to check?
>
>Cairistiona (from Adamastor)

I will not rest until I get some details. I have a huge amount of cream in
the house at the moment. My poor deluded children (who have been raised on
skim milk due to the higher calcium content) were caught making "raspberry
milkshakes" with a glass of cream and 1/4 cup of my raspberry vinegar syrup.
It tasted great for the first half of the glass. Then it curdled. Pink curds
are not appetising.
So I must use the rest of the cream up before I have to flush it, too.

Can anyone help here?

Aoife