SC - canning

Uduido at aol.com Uduido at aol.com
Fri Aug 1 20:36:27 PDT 1997

<< Do you do this in a pressure cooker? Or is there a special device
 needed for this pressure canning? >>

I use a pressure cooker. A pressure canner is a commersial unit well beyound
the financial range of most ordinary people. My cooker has a gauge that goes
up to 20 + lbs. and I have a safety valve installed (various safety levels
can be purchased seperately from the manufacturer) that "blows it's ttop" at
13 lbs./sq. in. I cannot think of any kitchen device that I would not
willingly part with if given the the choice between it and my pressure
cooker. It comes with a basket for holding jars and COMPLETE instructions.

Anyone possessing this item can buy in bulk in season and serve anytime of
the year after canning. I have canned goods over 4 yrs. oldd that are just as
tasty now as when I first put them by. :-)

Lord Ras