SC - Another Novice Recipe Challenge

Carla S. Tucker tuckers323 at juno.com
Mon Aug 4 01:13:58 PDT 1997

>>From the Forme of Cury, recipe # 189:
>
>"Benes yfryed. Take benes and see6 hem almost til 6ey bersten. Take
>and
>wryng out 6e water clene. Do 6erto oynouns ysode and ymynced, and
>garlec
>6erwith; frye hem in oile o6er in grece, & do 6erto powder douce, &
>serue it forth."

Sounds like refried beans to me!

Redaction without cheat sheet (I reserve the right to post a revision
after checking out the cheat sheet :-)

Cook beans in water until done (soft and plump).  Drain and add chopped
onions and minced garlic and fry them in oil or grease.  Add "powder
douce" (which I assume is a seasoning of some sort) and serve.

Carla
tuckers323 at juno.com