SC - Another Novice Recipe Challenge - Notes

Carla S. Tucker tuckers323 at juno.com
Mon Aug 4 01:13:58 PDT 1997

On Sat, 02 Aug 1997 10:15:42 -0400 Philip & Susan Troy <troy at asan.com>
writes:

>In the mean time I advise people to try reading it phonetically once
>or
>twice.
>
>1. Benes = beans
>
>2. Ysode and "see6" are both forms of the same root word, and are more
>or less the same as the modern words "sodden" and "seethe",
>respectively. They concern boiling.
>
>3. Powder douce is a premixed spice powder, made from sweet spices
>like
>cinnamon, cloves, and/or anise seeds. Some sources maintain it
>contained
>sugar, while some claim it didn't.

Revised redaction after cheat sheet...

ok...maybe they are refried beans...but the powder douce seasoning
mentioned definitely throws the usual taste for a loop.

so...change my redaction to read:

Cook beans in water until done (soft and plump).  Drain and add chopped
boiled onions and minced garlic and fry them with the beans in oil or
grease.  Stir in a mix of cinnamon, cloves and anise seed and serve.

Carla
tuckers323 at juno.com