SC - Yams/Sweet Potatoes

Kerry Romano linneah at BellSouth.net
Tue Aug 19 16:36:12 PDT 1997

I'm resending this because I didn't get much of a response.  Sorry to
the 15 or so people who didn't go to Pennsic and were still on the list.

<
I have heard that Henry VIII liked sweet potatoes, or yams (which are
different - one being a root the other a tuber) and ate them often.  Any
comments, recipies or information?  I assume that the "they" who say
this are refering to the African yam and not the New World sweet
potato.  They are similar, hence the trend to call both by the other's
name.

'Ta!

Linneah
(who knows that a Chevrolet is really a small goat cheese)>