SC - Meats

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at tddeng00.fnts.com
Thu Aug 21 12:28:49 PDT 1997

This may not apply to all but here in beef rich Texas our shire has had pretty good
luck in getting sirloin pretty inexpensively.  It's the perfect grilling meat and
worth the little extra money.  If you are just serving a grilled meat you may want
to spend a little more on something a lot of people will like.

Have you considered braising on the grill?  This can even be done in big pots with
a flavorful sauce.  Smaller portions of meat will go longer because they could be
richer and you can use real inexpensive cuts for that.

What plans do you have for your feast and what other dishes are you thinking of
serving?  I'm sure the great minds on here could help you with better suggestions if
they had a better idea.  Maybe something you didn't even think of.  It's happened
for me before.

Yers,

Gunthar